Thursday, June 24, 2010

Thing # 10



I had a wonderful time exploring image generators. It wasn't easy deciding which to use for this blog. Comic Strip Generator, Dumpr and wordle were my favorite. I could easily use wordle for various assignments. Here are a few ideas for assignments: describe yourself, parts of an insect, traits of a character from a story or anything else you wish to assign. I've attached two of my favorite images. Here are the links for the two: http://www.dumpr.net and http://www.comicstripgenerator.com. I also created a wordle and tried saving it to my computer but was not successful so I published it. Here is the link http://www.wordle.net/show/wrdl/2189042/Summer. Does anyone have any idea on how to save wordles or is it even possible?

3 comments:

  1. When I made my Wordle--there was an option to make it public which I did. After I did, there was a code that popped up which I copied and pasted into my blog. Hope this helps. I however, couldn't get my comic strip saved to my blog--just the link. Your blog looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can take a screen shot, paste it in a word document, then use the drawing tools to crop the part you don't want to see and then save. Hope this helps.
    You are doing great, keep of the hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your ideas for the classroom with Wordle, like the parts of an insect or traits of a character. It got me thinking about my bilingual classroom....it's so important for those kids to improve their vocabulary. Vocabulary often seems to be lacking when it comes to character traits and emotions, so thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete